Spain has finally opened the possibility to receive an additional refund of 0.10 EUR to 0.20 EUR/litre of diesel to transport companies not established in Spain, for the period 1st January to 30 June 2023.
The decision to include foreign companies as beneficiaries of the aid has come after few months off uncertainty from the Spanish authorities and was finally officialised by the modifications of Royal Decree 20/2022 published in May 2023.
The refund will be granted to companies already registered for Excise Duty in Spain and the refund will be automatically calculated and refunded monthly, along with Excise Duty refund. It only concerns diesel purchased with fuel cards.
Amount of the refund
Companies will benefit from a refund of:
- 0.20 EUR/litres for diesel purchased in the period 1st January to 31st March 2023;
- 0.10 EUR/litres for diesel purchased in the period 1st April to 30th June 2023.
Prior to receiving the aid, the beneficiaries must present by June 30th 2023:
- A declaration stating that they have been financially affected by the consequences derived from the invasion of Ukraine.
- A statement of any other aid received under the European Temporary Framework Ukraine or the National Framework approved by the European Commission.
- A statement identifying the companies with which the hauliers are linked and associated.